If you're a winter athlete, you know the pain of chapped lips. That uncomfortable feeling of your lips cracking and bleeding is enough to ruin any victory. But don't worry, we've got your back. Here are five ways to help heal your chapped lips so you can focus on crushing it on the slopes.
Try Balms and Salves With CBD as a Main Ingredient
- Take care of your chapped lips immediately so they don't get even worse! Apply a lip balm or cream as soon as you notice your lips getting dry. This will help to seal in moisture and protect your lips from further damage.
- Choose a lip balm or cream that contains petroleum jelly, beeswax, or glycerin. These ingredients will help to create a barrier on your lips that will lock in moisture. CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory so it can help to reduce the swelling and redness.
- Avoid licking your lips! When you lick your lips, you are actually removing moisture from them. This will only make your chapped lips worse.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. This will help to keep your skin and lips healthy and help prevent chapping.
- Don't forget to protect your lips from the sun! Just like your skin, your lips can burn if they are exposed to too much sun. Use a lip balm or cream that contains SPF to help protect your lips, even from the winter sun.
Soothe, Hydrate, and Heal
By following these tips, you can help heal your chapped lips and prevent them from getting worse. As an added bonus, CBD lip balm can help improve the overall appearance of chapped lips by stimulating collagen production. So, enjoy the winter fun without worrying about your lips!